Happy New Year! As we say hello to 2014 and make plans and resolutions for it - I'd like to take a look back at our dear friend 2013 and examine some of what I accomplished this year:
- Exhibited my first solo show (LOST LAND) at Hillyer Art Space
- Sold out LOST LAND for the first and only time in Hillyer's history
- Received a nice spread in the Washington Post and City Paper
- Showed continuously throughout the rest of the year (including another solo show in June)
- Awarded a large grant as an Artist Fellow for the DC Commission of Arts and Humanities
- Met and worked with many of the amazing shakers and movers of the DC creative scene.
- A new understanding of where I want to be, who I want to be, and what I need to do to get there.
I have lots of exciting plans and schemes for 2014, and I'm ready to get going.
Something I've kept in mind all this year, and something to remember for next year -- Every day is a chance to make yourself better, stronger, and wiser.
I leave you with a picture of Hail the fat cat snuggling with me this morning. After a riotous night off celebrating the new year - I am off to the gym to start the year of right and then to the printshop!